Legislative instrument IMMI 11/051 introduced on 29 August 2011 specifies alternative English language testing to the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination for the purposes of student visas. The acceptance of alternative testing arrangements by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) will commence on 1 November 2011.
According to the legislative instrument, the acceptable alternative English language proficiency tests include the following:
- the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Paper-Based test;
- the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Internet-Based test (also known as TOEFL iBT);
- the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test (also known as Certificate in Advanced English);
- the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic); and
- the Occupational English Test.
Please contact us for further information regarding changes to English proficiency testing for student visas, or for general assistance regarding Student visas.
This is general information only and does not constitute legal advice.
The information on this website is intended only to provide a summary and general overview on relevant matters. It is not intended to be comprehensive nor does it constitute legal advice. You are advised to seek legal or other professional advice before acting or relying on any of the content contained in this website.